Triple Dipped S’Mores Apples
- Remove stems and skewer apples (see “Tricks for Sticks”).
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows, and stir until melted.
- Dip apples, one at a time, then transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- Then, in a double boiler over low heat, melt chocolate chips, stirring continuously. Dip an apple into the chocolate, stopping two-thirds of the way up. Immediately dip the lower third of the apple into a bowl of crushed graham crackers, rotating to coat evenly.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat for all apples and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
Tricks for Sticks: First, simply twist off the stem. If your skewer is blunt, sharpen it using a utility knife to slice off one end at a diagonal angle. Then, working on a flat surface, firmly grip your apple and push the skewer two-thirds of the way in. If any juice leaks out, blot the fruit with a paper towel before dipping.